Science Lessons and Investigations, Grade 3
How it works:
Science Lessons and Investigations includes 12 units, each of which follows the 5E model: Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend. This gives students a hands-on opportunity to delve into each scientific topic and apply their understanding in a creative way. This teacher’s edition includes an answer key for vocabulary and comprehension activities, making it ideal for the classroom and homeschooling.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Plant and Animal Life Cycles
- Nature and Nurture
- Organisms in a Changing Environment
- Group and Social Behavior
- Fossils of Ancestors
- Natural Processes and Hazards
- Changes in Movement
- Predicting Motion from Patterns
- Magnetic Forces
Features and benefits:
This print teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Make science one of the most popular subjects in your classroom with the Grade 3 teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations from Evan-Moor.
No customer reviews for the moment.