Science Lessons and Investigations, Grade 5
How it works:
Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations is designed to take a hands-on approach to scientific topics. Fifth graders will appreciate that each of the 14 units utilize the 5E model: Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend. This teacher’s edition also includes answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities along with other helpful tools for guiding students through the lessons.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Healthy Ecosystems
- Energy in the Food Chain
- Nutrients for Survival
- Recycling Energy in Food Webs
- Patterns on Earth
- The Stars
- Earth’s Spheres
- Water from All Its Sources
- Protecting Our Planet
- Tiny Particles of Matter
- Conservation of Matter
- Identifying Matter by Properties
- Making New Substances
Features and benefits:
This print teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Whether you’re in a classroom or a homeschool setting, the Grade 5 teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations from Evan-Moor will encourage creativity and critical thinking.
No customer reviews for the moment.