Science Lessons and Investigations, Grade 2
How it works:
This teacher’s edition for Science Lessons and Investigations comes with useful resources and materials for getting second graders excited about science. Over the course of 14 comprehensive units, students will discover thrilling facts about plants, animals, the Earth, and more. Plus, they’ll get to learn how to apply science topics in real life through a series of hands-on investigative activities in the classroom.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- What Do Plants Need to Grow?
- How Do Animals Help Plants?
- How Do Animals Pollinate Plants?
- How Many Things Live in One Place?
- How and When Does Earth Change?
- How Do Wind and Water Change the Shape of the Land?
- How Do Maps Show Land and Bodies of Water?
- Where Is Water on Earth?
- What Is Matter?
- What’s the Best Material to Use?
- What Can These Pieces Make?
- What Happens When You Heat or Cool Something?
- How Does Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling Help Earth?
- What Do Scientists Study?
Features and benefits:
This print teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Teacher support pages and an answer key
- Unit concept page to guide discussion
- Vocabulary/words to know
- Reading selections with real-life visual examples
- Comprehension and vocabulary activities
- “I wonder” and/or research and write writing prompts
- Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities
Give your second graders the opportunity to learn all about important science concepts with Evan-Moor Science Lessons and Investigations for Grade 2.
No customer reviews for the moment.