Science Lessons and Investigations, Grade 1
How it works:
In Science Lessons and Investigations, first graders get to study and observe a variety of topics over the course of 14 comprehensive science units. As they build upon prior knowledge and experience, students will gain a better understanding of important science concepts. This resource helps teachers guide young learners through each unit and provides inspired ideas for hands-on activities and experiments.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- How Do Animals Use Their Body Parts?
- What Parts Do Plants Have and What Do They Do?
- How Do Body Parts Help Animals Grow and Survive?
- Do Animals Have Babies?
- Do Plants Have Babies?
- Are Young Animals and Plants Exactly Like Their Parents?
- Do Animals from the Same Species Always Look the Same?
- Do All Roses Look the Same?
- Can We Predict Patterns for the Sun, Moon, and Stars?
- Can We Predict the Pattern of the Seasons?
- What Happens When Materials Vibrate?
- What Happens When There Is No Light?
- Where Do Shadows Come From?
- How Do We Communicate Over Long Distances?
Features and benefits:
This print teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Teacher support pages and an answer key
- Unit concept page to guide discussion
- Vocabulary/words to know
- Reading selections with real-life visual examples
- Comprehension and vocabulary activities
- “I wonder” and/or research and write writing prompts
- Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities
Use this teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations to introduce students to exciting concepts and experiments.
No customer reviews for the moment.